- Coffee: 20 g
- Water : 270 ML
- Makes 1 Cup of Coffee
Step 1 - HEAT
Heat fresh water to 200° F using a thermometer. Or, bring water to a boil and let it stand for 30 seconds.
Step 2 - SET-UP
- Fill bottom chamber with 270 ml of water.
- Soak filter in a warm water for 5 minutes & hook it to top component of the Siphon.
- Fix top chamber into the bottom bulb by placing it securely and evenly.
- Position the assembly above your heat source & turn it on.
Step 3 - BOIL
Soon, the water in from the lower chamber will rise and collect in the upper chamber. Turn your heat source down so that the water is between 185-195 degrees F.
Step 4 - BREW
- Measure out between 20 grams of coffee.
- Add your coffee to the top chamber &, gently submerge it with a non-metal stirrer.
- Brew for 1 min 45 sec.
Step 5 - REMOVE HEAT
Remove siphon from its heat source & give it ten stirs.
Step 6 - SERVE
- In about 1 minute your coffee collects in the bottom chamber. It’s ready when a dome of grounds has formed at the top of the filter.
- Remove the top chamber. Give the coffee 1 minute to cool before serving, to maximize its flavours.